Consumers have a healthier new way to cook and bake thanks to the latest innovation from Betterine, “Butter’s vegan twin.”
Betterine is a plant-based alternative to butter and margarine that’s 100% free of dairy products, chemicals, and additives. Because it measures and behaves exactly like its less-healthy cousins, it can be used in any favorite recipe to achieve outstanding results with zero compromise on taste or texture.
Betterine is made from just four natural ingredients: pure coconut oil, water, organic soy lecithin, and arrowroot powder. It has a natural taste that can be used wherever butter or margarine are called for.
Betterine is 100% vegan and certified OU and New Square kosher (pareve) — perfect for transforming buttery desserts into healthier, dairy-free, vegan friendly masterpieces. It’s also non-GMO with no trans fats.
This Purim, bake up your hamantashen and other holiday favorites with Betterine, for crowd pleasing foods you’ll love, naturally.
- ½ cup Betterine at room temperature (1 stick)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- Strawberry jam
- Beat the Betterine and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to wet mixture until dough consistency forms.
- Roll out dough and use a round shape cutter or a cup to make 2-inch circles.
- Add your favorite filling (we use strawberry jam) and pinch the corners of the circle to form the triangle shape.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes until golden brown.
Savory Onion French Roast
- 2 large Spanish onions, peeled and sliced into rings
- 2 heads garlic, tops sliced off
- 2 sticks Betterine, cubed
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (4-pound) French roast
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Add the onions, garlic, cubed Betterine, and herbs to the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper and 2 teaspoons salt. Place the roast on top.
- Season roast with remaining teaspoon of salt. Cover tightly with foil and braise for 4 hours.
- Uncover, turn oven to broil and broil for 6 minutes. Flip the roast over and broil an additional 6 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing. Serve warm.
- 4 onions
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup Betterine (1 stick)
- 2¾ cups chicken stock (chicken broth)
- 3 cups water
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- Dice the onions and garlic.
- Place the Betterine in a large pot and let it melt, then sauté the onions and garlic in it.
- Add the chicken broth and water and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli, celery, and carrots. Bring again to a boil.
- Add almond milk, salt, and pepper. Cook for 40 minutes. Add flour, use an immersion blender and blend the soup.
Betterine is produced by Amarlane Foods, dedicated to developing plant-based foods using only a few natural ingredients. Betterine is available in 4-stick/16 oz. packages (MSRP $5.80) and 2-stick/8 oz. packages (MSRP $2.99). It is currently sold in kosher stores.