(JNS.org) Bulgaria’s interior minister said he is “certain” that Hezbollah was behind the summer 2012 Burgas bus bombing that killed five Israeli tourists and their Bulgarian bus driver.
“All traces lead there,” Tsvetlin Yovchev said Monday, the Sofia News Agency reported. “What can we prove in court is another matter. If you’re asking me if I am certain of this–yes, I am.”
According to additional Bulgarian media reports, the suicide bomber was born in Algeria, later lived in Morocco, and trained with Hezbollah in southern Lebanon.
In February, Bulgarian authorities announced a third suspect had been found in addition to a Lebanese-Canadian man named El Hajj Hassan and his accomplice Meliad Farah, but the third suspect’s identity has not been revealed because the authorities are continuing their investigation.