By Shlomo Klein
If you’re a subscriber, then you already know why your #Shavuos is lookin’ mighty nice right about now. But if you’re someone who likes to play hard to get, the Fleishigs magazine baking issue is now in stores!
I’m not one to push, but these things are selling like hot cakes, or hot buns. In this issue, you’ll learn how to master pareve baking with macaron cakes, babkas, fruit galettes, no-knead doughs, and more.
Nealy Fischer of The Flexible Chef stops by just in time for the holidays to share her unbelievably dairy-free cheesecake. Nutritionist Beth Warren gives her Margarine Master Class. Malkie Hirsch aka @Kissthekoshercook joins us as our guest editor and shares her tips and secrets.
We cover the South Beach Food & Wine Festival Shabbat Dinner with recipes. And #Fleishigs staple personalities Chef Yose Schwartz, Chef Isaac Bernstein, and the babka queen @naomi_tgis return for some more fun in the kitchen. We also show you how to do — REALLY do — #SouthBeach on your next vacation. How’s that sound?
Here’s an extra recipe:
Liver Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup store-bought broiled chicken livers (we recommend Meal Mart)
- ⅓ cup caramelized onions
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan filled with water. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for ten minutes.
- Allow to cool and peel. (It helps to peel under running water).
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks.
- Place the yolks in a blender or food processor and blend with the livers, onions, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and salt until smooth.
- Lay the egg whites on a platter, and spoon or pipe liver-yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Serve with radishes, sprouts, or your favorite condiments.