(JNS.org) A new video has emerged that possibly reveals the fate of Syrian Catholic Priest Francois Murad, who was reportedly killed last week by Islamic terrorists.
Last week, the Vatican’s official news agency reported that Syrian Priest Francois Murad, 49, was killed in Gassanieh in northern Syria on June 23. According to the report, the monastery where Father Murad had taken refuge was attacked by Islamic terrorists linked to the jihadi terror group Jabhat al-Nusra. At the time, the Vatican said that the “circumstances of the death are not fully understood.”
On June 28, Catholic Online posted an extremely graphic and gruesome video from Livelink.com showing Syrian terrorists beheading Father Murad in field surrounded by onlookers who were chanting “Allahu akbar.”
Catholic Online also reported that the Vatican “is confirming the death by beheading of Franciscan Father, Francois Murad, who was martyred by Syrian jihadists on June 23.”
Late last year the United States blacklisted Jabhat al-Nusra for its affiliation with al-Qaeda.
According to the Syrian Archbishop Jacques Behnan Hindo, Father Murad had expressed fear of his situation in Syria to him.
“The whole story of Christians in the Middle East is marked and made fruitful by the blood of the martyrs of many persecutions. Lately, father Murad sent me some messages that clearly showed how conscious he was of living in a dangerous situation, and offered his life for peace in Syria and around the world,” Archbishop Jacques Behnan Hindo, titular of the Syrian Catholic archeparchy in HassakÃ©-Nisibis, said in a statement, according to the Vatican.