When choosing a contractor for any project, it’s most important to select an expert in that particular field. How do you know if a person is an expert? Ask some questions.
First and foremost, you have to ask what different types of work a contractor performs. If you’re looking for windows to be installed, you should ask what else the contractor does. He will probably think you’re interested in other work and gladly tell you all the things he does. The next question is designed to find out if the same crew will be doing both types of work. This is the important question because a crew that installs bathrooms should not be installing windows and a crew that does roofing should not be installing a door. If they are, they’re not an expert at either job.
Unified supplies and installs windows, doors, siding, roofing, and masonry. If you contracted Unified to do all five items on your home, they would send five different crews, even if the job was getting done in the same day. Their window crews are factory trained and certified to do window installations and nothing else. They do that job 5 to 6 days a week, every week, and know everything a contractor could know about windows and their installation. That same thing applies to crews that do all of their work. Unified has the most trained and fully certified staff in the industry. Their sales force is trained to assess your needs and determine exactly what’s needed to fix your problems. Their experts will know how to update your home with the latest products and in order to make your home stand out.
Certifications and credentials are more important than you think. Unified has many employees who are certified as well as some companywide certifications like a 99.6% customer satisfaction rating. A partial list of their credentials includes:
- Andersen Window & Door Certified Installer
- US Department of Energy, Energy Star Partner
- National Grid Authorized Weatherization Contractor
- Building Performance Institute BPI Certified Licensed Home Analyst
- Master Elite Certified GAF Building Materials Roofing Installer
- Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Roofing Contractor, Certified Top of the House Contactor in Roofing, Insulation, and Ventilation
- CertainTeed Building Products 5 Star Contractor, Pro Dialog Contractor Elite Status, Master Shingle Applicator, Education and Development Program Certificate Holder, Master Craftsman Certified and Master Millwork Certified
- Pella Certified Contractor
- Certified Alside Building Materials Authorized Installer Program
- Certified Installers Vinyl Siding Institute
- Ideal Windows Certified Factory Trained Program
- NY/Long Island Better Business Bureau A+ Accredited Business Program
- Provia Doors National Platinum Certification
- Crystal Windows Preferred Contractor Accreditation
- James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor
- TAMKO Pro Certified Contractor
Unified is proud of the achievements of its staff members. They continue to bring customers the most up-to-date technology and information on cost-saving methods for insulating and updating their homes. For a free in-home estimate please call 888-631-2131, visit one of their five showrooms which are open seven days a week, or visit UnifiedWindows.com for more information.