Watermelon, one of today’s fastest-trending fruits, has enjoyed triple-digit growth in casual and fine dining. Demand for the refreshing summer staple is on the rise even in the fall and winter. It’s a must for any mixologist and you’ll find it on one in 10 restaurant menus.
Most of all, people just love watermelon — and they know it’s good for them.
KAYCO is taking the beverage industry by storm with Wonder Melon™, the latest thirst-quencher for those seeking clean, uniquely flavorful new refreshment options. Wonder Melon™ is made from 100% organic cold-pressed juice with no added sugar, artificial ingredients, or artificial colors.
This healthy game-changer comes in two exciting varieties. Watermelon Cucumber Basil is a delightfully cool concoction of real watermelon juice, lemon juice, apple juice, cucumber juice, and basil, with only 80 calories per 8.45 oz. bottle. Watermelon Lemon Cayenne wakes up the taste buds with real watermelon juice, lemon juice, apple juice, and a dash of cayenne at just 100 calories per 8.45 oz. bottle.
“Wonder Melon™ perfectly captures what consumers are looking for right now,” says Kim Cassar, Kayco’s EVP Sales & Marketing – Beyond Division. “It’s not only healthful and out of the ordinary, but also undeniably trendy and irresistibly delicious. We’re confident that Wonder Melon™ will make a huge splash this summer.”
Both varieties are non-GMO verified, certified Fair Trade, USDA organic, and certified OU kosher (pareve). Packaged 6 bottles per case ($3.99/bottle MSRP), Wonder Melon™ is available in the refrigerator section at Shop-Rite, Fairway, Best Market, independent grocers, and Amazon.
Kayco is supporting the Wonder Melon™ brand in New York City with an aggressive outreach campaign at the height of cold beverage season. Look for the following promotions:
- Segments on Time Warner Cable’s A Taste of New York, targeting affluent, influential, and educated New Yorkers. This spot will also be featured on A Taste of New York’s website, YouTube channel, Facebook page, Twitter feed, Pinterest site, and Instagram. Sneak Peak.
- Eye-catching Wonder Melon™ vans will cruise the steamy summer streets with refreshing samples for thirsty Manhattanites starting July 12 and running all summer. Check Wonder Melon’s™ social media for dates and locations.
- Giant Wonder Melon™ trucks will roll out the product — literally — to provide additional exposure.
- In-store support including tastings and point-of-purchase materials.
According to menu trends research by the Watermelon Board:
- All regions across the U.S. are experiencing increased use of watermelon.
- Watermelon is featured in one of 10 menus — up by 27% in the last four years.
- Watermelon is one of the fastest fruit flavors in non-alcoholic beverages, with 29% four-year growth.
- 82% of consumers surveyed said they liked the taste of watermelon.
Wonderful Watermelon Facts
Watermelon’s 92% water content is excellent for hydration. It contains a bounty of nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals associated with the following:
- Digestive health
- Eye, skin, and hair health
- Sun protection
- Diabetes protection
- Heart and blood vessel health
- Weight loss
- Combating asthma
- Weight loss
- Nerve function
- Reduction of inflammation
Wonder Melon™ Recipes:
- 2 ounces cucumber mint vodka
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- ¼ ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces Wonder Melon™ with Juice, Watermelon, Cucumber, and Basil
- Splash cucumber juice
- 2 ounces pineapple infused vodka
- 1½ ounces Wonder Melon™ with Juice, Watermelon, Lemon, and Cayenne
- Splash simple syrup
- ½ ounce pineapple juice
- ½ ounce peach schnapps
- 2 ounces vodka
- ½ ounce watermelon juice
- ¼ ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce Wonder Melon™ with Juice, Watermelon, Cucumber, and Basil
- Sugar rim
Wonder Melon Rita
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1½ Wonder Melon™ with Juice, Watermelon, Lemon, and Cayenne
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 packet of sugar
- Top with water, blueberries, and mint leaves
Kayco, headquartered in Bayonne, NJ, is one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of kosher foods. The Kayco Beyond Division sources and distributes new products to the general market beyond kosher, to meet the demands of consumers looking for optional products that are healthful, convenient, and/or for restricted diets and lifestyles. These brands include Dorot, Absolutely Gluten Free, Beetology, Mighty Sesame, Tuscanini Foods, Wissotzky Tea Co., and new Wonder Melon™.