By Elisheva Baum, the Queen of Deals
August is the time to take a vacation, but it’s usually thunderstorm season here in New York. Thunderstorms can wreak havoc on travel plans. Just last week I was coming home and my flight was canceled due to bad weather in New York City. Being stuck in an airport is definitely not fun. One way to help alleviate the stress of a canceled flight is to find a good lounge to hang out in until you can be rebooked. There is a great app called LoungeBuddy that will help you navigate which lounge you can pay for and which lounge you can get for free with your credit card or airline status in any airport around the world. This can be a lifesaver when stuck in an airport for extended period of time.
Deals of the Week
- BOGO Slurpee week Monday, August 13, to Sunday, August 19. Head into a 7-Eleven anytime during this period for buy-one-get-one-free Slurpees.
- All you can eat buffet at Wok Tov $14.95 Monday nights all of August
- Staples has a $5 off coupon when you buy $25 of school supplies. In-store only.
- Free Uber Eats delivery in the Five the towns every Friday in August between 2 and 5 p.m.
What’s Happening …
- French cafe is opening in space previously occupied by Cravings
- United just added a third nonstop service from Tel Aviv to Washington D.C. beginning May 2019
- Wow Air will stop service to Tel Aviv at the end of October