Stop & Shop opened its doors in Woodmere, New York, marking the brand’s first new location on Long Island since its Rocky Point store opened in 2017. Located at 253-01 Rockaway Blvd., Stop & Shop’s Woodmere store is just 1.7 miles from its Inwood store, which closed permanently on Thursday, October 29.
Stop & Shop’s new Woodmere location is refreshed in look, format, and amenities. Customers will enjoy the largest kosher assortment available at any Stop & Shop store, enhanced ethnic offerings, and more convenient solutions including curbside pickup that makes grocery shopping faster and easier for customers.
Highlights of the Woodmere store include:
- New grab-and-go meal solutions including a new hot foods bar, sushi made fresh in-store daily, and a flatbread pizza station.
- Expanded produce section that includes a dedicated kosher assortment of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Enhanced kosher assortment that includes fresh fish, meat, and baked goods including challah and babka.
- Expanded beer section complete with local craft finds such as Greenport Harbor Brewing and Port Jeff Brewing.
- Stop & Shop Pickup. Orders placed online at StopandShop.com can be picked up at the store from the comfort of your own car while a store associate delivers your order right to your trunk.
“Stop & Shop has been proud to serve the Five Towns community for 20 years,” said Bob Yager, SVP of operations strategy & support for Stop & Shop. “We are even more proud to be providing residents with a new store, complete with new services and products that will better serve this diverse and wonderful community.”
Part of a multi-year initiative to refresh the brand’s 400+ stores, Woodmere is the first of several Nassau County store remodels that will mirror the company’s investment in 21 stores in Suffolk County last year. Coming up later this year, Stop & Shop will unveil refreshed stores in Glen Cove (November 6), West Babylon and Huntington (November 20), and Port Washington (December 18). Several others will follow in 2021.
To commemorate the occasion and further support the Five Towns community, Stop & Shop Woodmere will donate $1,000 and $500 in Nature’s Promise® natural and organic products to the Gural JCC in Cedarhurst.
A neighborhood grocer for more than 100 years, today’s Stop & Shop is refreshed, reenergized, and inspired, delivering new conveniences for customers. Committed to helping its communities enjoy better food and better lives, Stop & Shop has a longstanding history of giving back to the neighborhoods it serves with a focus on fighting hunger and pediatric cancer care and research. The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC is an Ahold Delhaize USA Company and employs nearly 60,000 associates and operates over 400 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, and New Jersey. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit StopandShop.com.