Two of the most respected executive chefs from Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts are coming together to present the best of tastes and cross-cultural creativity for a unique dining experience this March in Jerusalem.
The renowned French Executive Chef Frédéric Larquemin of Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace Versailles and Executive Chef Itzik Barak of Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem will present a four-course dinner at the Palace Restaurant for guests now through March 14. Carmel Wineries of Israel will be supporting the promotion with some of their leading wines.
Frédéric Larquemin fills the position of executive chef at Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace Versailles, parallel with chef Gordon Ramsay for the Michelin-starred restaurant Gordon Ramsay au Trianon and the restaurant La Véranda by Gordon Ramsay. Chef Larquemin brings a wealth of Michelin-starred experience, working with Chef Ramsay at Claridge’s and Chef Alain Ducasse at Hôtel de Paris.
Chef Itzik Mizrachi Barak is the executive chef at Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem and has had a wide international culinary career. He is considered one of Israel’s best kosher cooking chefs, having served as an executive chef in many of Israel’s leading hotels. His creative talents brought him to some of the finest and most elite restaurants in the United States, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Japan.
Over the last few years, Frédéric Larquemin and Itzik Barak participated in the annual Taste of Waldorf Astoria culinary competition where both chefs were among top Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts chefs selected to create the next iconic dish to be served alongside Waldorf Astoria creations such as red velvet cake, eggs Benedict, and the Waldorf salad.
“I am glad to participate in Taste of Waldorf with Chef Itzik Barak of Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem. This 4-hands menu embodies the perfect melting pot between the Israeli and French culture with local products,” said Chef Larquemin.
Chef Larquemin presents his unique qualities, creating his favorite tasting menu, while Chef Barak provides his touches for the kosher elements and ingredients. The collaboration allows these chefs to innovate and create unforgettable kosher dishes featuring unique tastes and flavor combinations. “It will be a culinary jam session in Jerusalem at the highest level,” promises Chef Barak.
The full four-course kosher menu dinner with designated wines includes:
- Butternut Squash Velouté With Wild Mushrooms And Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, One of the starters Salmon Ballotine Accompanied By Fresh Herb Cream, Capers And Lemon Zest; Recommendation: Glass of Chardonnay, Admon vineyard, Carmel Winery
- Roasted Sea Bass Fillet Alongside Celeriac Confit And Broccoli Florets, In A Red Wine Jus; Recommendation: Glass of Chardonnay, Admon vineyard, Carmel Winery
- Roasted Lamb Ribs Served With Ratte Potato Cream And Root Vegetables With Star Anise Aroma, In A Red Wine Jus; Recommendation: Glass of Shiraz, Kayoumi vineyard, Carmel Winery
- Chicken Stuffed With Chicken Liver, Spinach And Watercress Mousse, Accompanied By An Apple Crust And Celery; Recommendation: Glass of Merlot, Sha’al vineyard, Carmel Winery
- Lentils Casserole With Lemon Glazed Vegetables (Vegetarian); Recommendation: Glass of Merlot, Sha’al vineyard, Carmel Winery
- Desserts include Citrus Tart With Lemon Cream And Grapefruit Marmalade, Recommendation: Glass of gewurztraminer, Carmel Winery
- Chocolate And Pecan Delight With Yuzu Cream And Exotic Sorbet; Recommendation: Glass of gewurztraminer, Carmel Winery
Price: 285 NIS per person, not including wines (including VAT— tourists are exempt from the VAT). Cost per glass of wine: 39 NIS (including VAT— tourists are exempt from the VAT).
The prestigious Palace Restaurant is a contemporary Chef restaurant. The Palace serves an a la cart menu with top dishes prepared from seasonal raw materials market. The restaurant offers 130 seats, include two private rooms for 22 people each. The restaurant is open 6:30–11 p.m., Sunday–Thursday. To contact, please call +972-2-5 423 333.
For more information on the Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem, please visit waldorfastoria.com/jerusalem.